Thursday, January 27, 2011

Objects Brings out Thoughts of the Past

It's funny how listening to "A Night Like This" by The Cure for the last hour makes you want to learn the bass parts for it.

Now it comes to the thought of my bass in general sitting here right next to my desk here at the dorms in its bag waiting for me to take it out and play it. Either for fun or for the lessons I have to take for my major so I guess its continuously on my mind. Not surprising that music is my life.

I take a glance at the bass I had ever since I was fourteen and nothing much has changed for it. It's a Fender P bass that I admire when I first saw it in Guitar Warehouse in Rochester years ago and I have to say that its still in good condition. The black paint is still on it, the wooden neck is still on there and the strings haven't failed me yet. Also, thank God the strings or the black strap haven't break yet.

I guess my bass has never left my side since high school and like music, has helped me through all the ups and downs and over the years have become very important to me. I can't help but to think back on what my life was like before getting it and how my life is now with it. Thanks to my bass, I can say that it helped me out in choosing my college major.

2 comments:

  1. i didnt know you played the bass...thats pretty sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to know something new about you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete