Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh the Places you Will Go

Growing up in the small country town of Caledonia, I always wanted to go somewhere outside of the small town where everyone knows who you are. Where everyone knows your business and is everyone's relative (I'm thankful that my mother didn't grow up here and moved here when my sister was in first grade).

It started with the desire of going anywhere where I'm just another person that no one knows and have never even heard of. I love the thrill of traveling to New York City last summer and going to Florida when I was nine and those trips just keep me craving for more. Of course even just going to Rochester for the day even excites me since I've been there so many times and I never get bored of it. Well, there is one place in Rochester that I love ever since going there for the first time when I was sixteen.

Water Street Music Hall that is located in North Water Street in Rochester. The best way to describe it is a well known club that has performances of local and well known talents. The dark lighting, the warm atmosphere, the music and of course the people is why I love it so much. The people are very friendly and like everyone else is here to have a good time and to enjoy the music. I met wonderful people there and I cherish the memories I gain there.

So come out to one of Goth shows and there is a good chance that I will be there! 

2 comments:

  1. haha thats great i went there for a disturbed concert a few years ago it was amazing and i got all messed up from the mosh pits..boy that brings back memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl wow. Really you love going to water street? I kinda hate these clubs in Rochester you can kinda get bored fast if your around a crowd that always wants to fight. Alot of people mess up the mood close to the end of the night. Now Im goning to be honest thats the best club out of most of them Ive been to, its actually more spacious then most of them as well. Well I hope to travel to more clubs other than Rochesters, only because Ive lived here my whole life I guess it gets boring fast.

    ReplyDelete