Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Memories

First of all, the song does have important part in telling the story and it goes along with my favorite memory. There is a back story that is long and personal but to sum it up, in October 2008 when I was in eleventh grade a classmate died in a car crash and the driver (the one driving) was drunk. Let's just say that a few days after he died was when I discovered The Crüxshadows.

There is just way too much to describe how this band means so much to me and why I love them so much but that would just be me rambling. Anyway, on November 22nd 2008 they came here for their first show in Rochester at Water Street Music Hall and I manage to convince my mother on Halloween to buy the tickets so we can go.  We left there 6:20 at night and we got there just around seven. When we got there, we were the only ones that stand out from the rest of the crowd (and only a few people to bring coats since it was freezing outside). There was another two people who were behind us and when we got inside they were asking if another band played today and if it was the 22nd. I had to tell them that the 22nd was yesterday and they ended up running out.

There wasn't that many people as I thought it would be and I ended up getting a shirt and I "took" one of the fliers from the bulletin board that was up there.  I got front row again since I quickly decided to go up before the other people came. The first band that played was I: Scintilla and they were pretty good. And I loved the female vocals she had. The second one, The Azoic was good also and they started the dancing off for the people in the back (it was very amusing to watch and I do admit that every time I go to a show, there is always that guy who dressed up as Jesus there).

At ten, The Crüxshadows finally came on stage and that's when the fun began. The dancers were wonderful, the music was awesome, and the energy that Rogue brought made everything work out. I was very happy that the fourth song they played was "Sophia" (my favorite song by them)and it was just too awesome. I loved the part when Rogue started to move around the bar in the middle of the song. "Dragonfly" was wonderful and I have to say that I had my eyes glued to the dancers. The green lights were also very cool and fit the song well. They also did "Souls" (another one of my favorites) and the live version made it a nice touch to the song.

I got excited when they started to play "Deception" and that was very entertaining. The reason for it to be very entertaining because Rogue started to dance with the crowd and they started to go in circles. I liked his little talk about snow here and the hurricanes in Florida. My favorite line has to be "The problem with hurricane warnings is that no one takes them seriously. Oh look it's a warning, you have work tomorrow." "Winterborn" was very nice, I like the feeling of the stage felt and the moves made it a stronger feel.

They ended up playing two encore songs at the end and they were two of my favorites. The first one they played was "Monsters" and I love it even better live. I think it has to do with the flashlights and the few lights on. The final song they played was "Marilyn My Bitterness" and that was awesome! Out of pure luck, JoHanna ended up picking me to go on stage with the other group of people. Overall, I had a wonderful time and I have some pics. I saved the best one for last after the last song was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment