Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"The only thing I ever wanted was...."

To be accepted and if I remember right,  this would be taken from my elementary school days sadly. I time where I don't want to remember due to the loads of bad memories that I experienced. Well, I did get that wish but it wasn't until high school when my peers finally accepted me for who I am.

Let me just say this, I believe that the main reason for the teasing I went through was my religion. Yes, I was teased because of my religion. Kids are cruel and they don't understand the other religions unless it is the common ones they grew up to knowing. I'm not ashamed to be a part of the religion since I grew up to it and when my mother decided to go back to being a Christian when I was ten, I didn't want to take a part of it.

Now as I see it I don't care if I dress in mostly black, being a bookworm, being strange and too weird, too normal. I would have cared and even cried at all of the teasing when I was eight and just hoping that one day that I would be accepted. Hoping and waiting does take out a lot in a person and I'm just glad that I can push the past aside.

1 comment: