Friday, February 18, 2011

The Saddest Day of Joe Bob Rainey

Walls, all you could see is walls. Walls that show history and the peeling rusted wallpaper is collected on the floor.  Just adding to the mixtures and broken concert floor pieces and dried up blood from past residents.  Past residents who stayed in the room, who slept in the only bed and used the only bathroom in here.

Screams and cries can he heard from the other cells. Some came from the tortures from the doctors trying to "cure" them from their illness or banish the devil out of them. Others screamed from the tortured visions and nightmares their own minds created that they can't control. And for a few, screaming was their only was of communicating to one another.

Bodies come and go each day, gaining and losing the ill and taking them out without others knowing. You have to wonder where do the bodies go here. Who knows, but you just can't ignore the smell of it for too long.

There are plenty of children here and it is quite a shame to see them. Playing games and running around like normal children. Too bad they are so ill with their own sicknesses.

And here's Joe, sitting here looking at the walls of his cell. Looking too happy and I don't think even he knows he is in here. I guess that's the best way to go, trapped in your own delusions.

But here in the insane ward, who isn't mad here?

2 comments:

  1. This kinda gave me the chills for a second.. Then ur music came on and scared the crap right outta me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction--had just convinced my kiddo that it was time to go to sleep, the house was finally quiet so I sat down and checked in with everything I haven't managed to get done this week. Then Bam, came the music. I think I startled the dogs when I jumped.

    ReplyDelete